Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Suzuki's New Gladius: Curvy and Naked

I'm not such a big fan of the fully-faired supersport motorcycles anymore. I've had sportbikes, I know they're ridiculously fast, agile and great fun but they are also hell on lower backs, are harder to see, more expensive to insure and not as practical as something like my V-Strom.

But with the news that Suzuki has unveiled new GSX-R1000 superbike and Gladius 650 naked in Paris, I had to see some pics of the Gladius.

The Gladius is a cross between a V-Strom and an SV650. Well, more of a cross since the V-Strom is a hybrid from the SV to begin with. I'd originally thought the styling was kind of cool but the photo accompanying this post has me leaning in the other direction and that the look is kind of dated and sedate. And I'm no fan of the droopy headlight trend either. But who cares if its a runner, am I right?
blog comments powered by Disqus