Friday, February 23, 2007

2007 Tour of California - Stage 2 - Sacramento

I took the day off and brought the family down to watch the peloton thunder into downtown Sacramento for Stage #2 of the 2007 Amgen Tour of California. It was a great time. We were able to get right up close to the action and got to watch them make 3 circuits around Capitol Park. It's funny I grew up in the Sacramento area but I've never been down around the Capitol Park area in the daytime. It's really quite beautiful. There are so many different kinds of huge old trees all meticulously maintained and labeled for easy identification. On the walk back to our car I just happened to see a Discovery Team van with none other than the race leader Levi Leipheimer sitting in the front seat. I went up, shook his hand and wished him good luck for the rest of the tour. I'm not a big fan of asking people for their autograph. I'm happy enough to just meet them, shake their hand, and be on my way. After the hoopla was over we stopped the by Capitol Garage Coffee Shop for some hot chocolate & coffee. Click the image below to view more photos.

From 2007 Tour of ...
blog comments powered by Disqus