Thursday, August 24, 2006

Morning Road Ride

So I was feeling like a big loser all day yesterday because I chose an extra 30 minutes of sleep instead of riding my bike to work again. Oh well, sometimes your mind tells you that you just need to chill and take it easy.

Instead of worrying about riding my bike to work and all the hassles that entails. Like packing two lunches the day before, bringing an extra set of clothes to work, etc. I'm just going to focus on shorter rides from home at least 2 days a week. Already today I'm in a much better mood and have way more energy than yesterday, and that's a good thing.

This morning Erik and I went out for some local laps around the neighborhood before work. Just so happens we live near some pretty amazing hills. We did 1380' of climbing and 17 miles in almost exactly 1 hour. I hit a top speed going down Park Drive of 51.7 MPH. Damn, that's pretty fast for a bike if you think about it. This is a 4 lane road with a wide bike lane, very smooth pavement and very little traffic. I probably would not want to be going this fast on any other road that I could think of.
blog comments powered by Disqus