Saturday, December 03, 2005

Dirty Bullit


Dirty Bullit
Originally uploaded by jmdgolfman.

What a great day on the bike! After another ride last weekend without any brakes it sure was nice to have full braking power again! I haven't had good braking since August. Shows that I haven't actually ridden my mountain bike all the much, or I would have had more initiative to get them fixed sooner. Anyways, props again to Auburn Bike Works for fixing my brakes. A tip for anyone running Hayes HFX-9 series disc brakes - put teflon tape on the threads of the lever reach adjustment screw. I though I might need new brakes or was in for a hefty repair bill. But all it took was a bit of teflon tape to prevent the adjustment screw from vibrating itself loose.

I'm not sure if it was the fact that I had good brakes again or it was just one of those days but my bike felt absolutely perfect today. The suspension, the tires, everything just felt perfect. I'm sure it didn't hurt that the trails were in amazing shape as well. I was expecting a bit more mud after all the rain we had earlier this week, but Manzanita, Mossy Rock & Culvert were relatively dry. Only a few small puddles here and there. And the dirt was nice and tacky so you could rail corners as fast as you wanted with super sweet tire hookups! Confluence was the muddies trail of all, which kinda surprised me. This is the trail closest to the river and has the most rocks on in. There were just a lot of semi deep puddles to splash through. Chris and I had a great day. Sorry nobody else was able to join us. You missed out on a great day of riding!

blog comments powered by Disqus