Rio Strada Racing (www.riostradaracing.org) will be hosting race #3 of the Sacramento Cyclocross Series at Discovery Park in Sacramento, Ca. This is a new venue for us and it is soon to be one of the best venues in Sacramento & Northern CA Cyclocross History!
Why you ask...
* This is the NCNCA Cup Race #4, so there will be racers from all over Northern CA and Nevada in attendance.
* The race will be at the beautiful Discovery Park which is located next to both the Sacramento and American Rivers.
* There are a ton of hotels within riding/driving distance to the course/park.
* It is adjacent to downtown Sacramento and Old Sac (lots of places to eat and hang out with your friends and family before and after the race.
* And it is right off I-5... What more could you ask for!
You say you need more reasons why to attend...
* Special Prizes provided by Marmot® for life for Top Finishers www.marmot.com
* Neutral race support provided by Williams Cycling www.williamscycling.com
* Honest Tea Beverages will be onsite providing cold organic drinks during the event.
* Mad Cat Bicycles will also be providing technical support for all racers through out the day. If you have any needs from borrowing a pump, to brake adjustments, or a last minute fix, they will be on hand to help you out.
* Killer Sound & PA System provided by JBL Professional® www.jbl.com
* The HUB Bike shop will also be providing technical support for all racers throughout the day and will be brining some wearable's for sale. www.norcalhub.com
* Food Vendor(s) will also be onsite to feed not only the hungry racers but also their friends and family.
* Warm up/Hang out Tents, located adjacent to the course, for teams that show up early.
* Professionally Designed & Marked Course designed by Sacramento's Rich Maile (Who is Rich Maile you ask...) He is a Pro CX Racer that recently competed in the 2008 Las Vegas CX Race with Barry Wicks, Adam Craig, Lance Armstrong, and other top CX Pros) and who also runs the Sacramento CX Race Series.
* Onsite Bathrooms.
* Nearby beach to hang out at after the race.
* Course is adjacent to Sacramento's American River Bike Trail, which you can take all the way from Discovery Park to Folsom Lake (a 60-mile round trip journey).
See you there!
Download the official race flyer here.