Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Asshole Alert

Erik and I had a great ride Sunday, 62 miles, 4000' of climbing and bright sunny spring weather. We rode from Rocklin out to Lincoln and then up to Auburn, back down to Granite Bay then home. We only encountered 1 asshole who I could not even believe what he did. So we were descending down Highway 49 to the Confluence, which is a very twisty road with many sharp 15mph corners. In a car you can't really go all that fast, but on a road bike you can pretty much beat cars down the hill. We got stuck behind two cars that were going about 20 mph the whole way. So we're just content to ride mellow to the bottom enjoying the fine weather and the chance to be outdoors. Then out of nowhere the car behind us thought it would be a good idea to pass us two roadies on a corner and cut in front of us, so he could be a whole 30 feet ahead of where he was if he had just stayed behind us. We were sooooo pissed. And now we're following this jack hole down the hill who is now stuck behind the same two cars that were were. There was just absolutely no reason for what he did other than to be a total asshole. The guy starts yelling get off the road and various other profanities. Luckily he turned right on 49 towards Cool, while we continued down Old Foresthill to the Confluence. Just one of the stupidest things I've seen in a long time. I'm just banging my head against the wall for not thinking to memorize his license plate number. I had plenty of time to do it, but I think my adrenaline was on redline, and I was only thinking about getting to the bottom of the hill safely. Any ways it was white sedan perhaps an Oldsmobile or such with a Marine Corps sticker in the upper right of the rear window.
blog comments powered by Disqus