Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saving the Environment

Well this afternoon we had my brother & niece over for a casual dinner. We decided to just keep it simple and have spaghetti, garlic bread and salad. All we had was the salad so I had to make a trip to the grocery store. I decided to ride my mountain bike instead of taking the car. It was actually quite fun! I dug out my old Kyrptonite lock which I haven't used since living in Santa Cruz over 10 years ago. I grabbed my backpack, threw on my helmet and raced down to the local grocery store. It's probably only about 1 mile at most. Since I only needed a few items I was able to easily stow them in my backpack. The trip home is mostly uphill, but not too bad. Door to door I think I did it in less than 30 minutes. Sweet. I guess you could say I took the Clif Bar 2 Mile Challenge, well at least the first step.
blog comments powered by Disqus