Wednesday, September 19, 2007

How To Clean Your Polar Heart Rate Monitor Elastic Strap

This will work for any heart rate monitor elastic strap as well. Mine just happens to be a Polar. It had that moldy I left my laundry in the machine for 3 days before putting it in the dryer smell that I just couldn't get rid of. I tried washing it in the machine, I always rinse it off in the shower after a ride, but nothing seemed to work. So all it took was a quick Google search and I found the solution: baking soda! How simple. I just got an old tupperware container, threw in a few tablespoons of baking soda, added water, added strap, mixed it around and let it soak overnight. Next day, rinse it off with fresh water and hang dry. Voila, smells like new! After all the Arm & Hammer baking soda says right on the box that it works for deodorizing, and that's exactly what I needed.
blog comments powered by Disqus