Monday, December 04, 2006

Mountain Biking and Mexican Food!

Does it get any better than that? A few of us headed up to Auburn on Saturday for what turned out to be an excellent day of riding, eating & drinking. The weather was a cool & chilly 39 degrees as we reached the bottom of the canyon, but as we put on our gear and started pedaling it was not cold at all. We did the usual Stagecoach, Manzanita, Mossy Rock, Clementine, Culvert & Confluence trails. Chris had brought his new Canon Digital Rebel XTi and got some great photos. Check them out on the following Flickr set:

Team Baggy - Auburn - December 2006

On the Clementine climb I decided to see if I could ride the same gear as Keith's singlespeed (32x18). Well since my bike weighs 10 more pounds than Keith's ultralight Merlin singlespeed, I gave myself one extra gear. I pedaled my (32x20) all the way to the top, no shifting at all! It's easy not to shift when riding a singlespeed as you don't really have a choice. But with a full range of gears I could have chosen, it was hard to not shift. I did it though and my legs felt pretty worked the next day. I don't think singlespeeds are good for people with bad knees though. My knee is a bit more sore than it usually is. I snapped a few photos along the way as well. Check them out in the following gallery:

Team Baggy - December 2006 - Gallery

After the ride we headed over to Maria's Mexican Tacos in Auburn for some post-ride grub. Their service was a bit slow and the carnitas were a bit too crispy, but other than that, the beer was cold and everything tasted amazing! It was nice not to rush back home after riding. We got a chance to hang out, talk eat, drink and then drink a bit more. I had a carnitas super burrito and a couple of Negra Modelos which absolutely hit the spot!
blog comments powered by Disqus