Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Morning Commute

I hopped on my road bike at 7:45AM this morning and rode into work.
It's about 25 miles from my house to work. Of course I took the
safest route with the last 12 miles being on the American River Bike
Trail (NO CARS=NICE!). It took me 1:35 minutes, a bit longer than I
hoped. But not bad considering yesterday via car and 16 miles it took
me 1:10 to get to work. I'm guessing it will take a bit longer going
home as it will be uphill much of the way, but I'll be in no hurry.
I'm gonna try to do this once per week until it gets REALLY hot. My
other option that I'm considering is just driving over to Granite Bay
and parking my car in a grocery store lot and riding just the bike
trail down to work. It was kinda crazy getting through Rocklin this
morning with all of the morning commuters.
blog comments powered by Disqus