Friday, April 29, 2005

After Work Ride

I've decided that riding to work is just a bit more of a hassle than I want to deal with. So I'm now focused on riding after work at least one day per week. With daylight savings time I was able to put in 30 miles last night and still be home before sunset! Caught up with a couple of really cool guys (Mike & Chuck) who live pretty close to me who were out doing the same. The storms had just passed through and the weather was absolutley perfect for cycling, not too hot, not too cold. The sunset was gorgeous with a just a few puffy white clouds on the horizon. We did the following route: Sioux -> 12 Bridges -> Sierra College -> English Colony -> Del Mar -> Taylor -> Midas -> Clover Valley -> Whitney -> Crest -> Park -> Clubhouse -> Home. Good stuff. I tried to keep up with Mike on a couple of his interval bursts. The first one I was able to hang on his wheel, but the second one my calves nearly exploded, so I got dropped. Mike was on his 2nd or 3rd road ride and was hanging in there just fine. These guys also mountain bike and we talked about all the great places to ride up in Tahoe, Grouse Ridge etc. Now we just gotta wait for the snow to melt.. I guess they have 50% more snow than normal, so it could be a while this year.
blog comments powered by Disqus