Saturday, December 26, 2009

Tips For Healthier Mountain Biking For The 40 Year Old Rider | Mountain Biking by 198

Tips For Healthier Mountain Biking For The 40 Year Old Rider | Mountain Biking by 198

I have officially passed over from young buck to old fart with my recent birthday and am now a 40 year old mountain biker. It was good to see this guest post covering some of the smart things I can do to help prolong my riding, keep from getting hurt and to wring the most out of my rides.

Quick summary here and much expanded on over there:
Warm up
Eat smart
Strength training
Carbon fiber handlebars
Quality sleep
De-stress your life
Don't write checks your backside can't cash

I would add some post ride recovery info and how to effectively refuel your body to supply it with proper nutrition to repair muscles. But definitely a good article and worthwhile read even if you haven't quite crossed the barrier into your 40s yet, eventually you will.
blog comments powered by Disqus