Friday, August 02, 2002

Rant of the day/week whatever... So buying bike stuff online is great right? You browse, click, punch in your credit card and shazaaam! a couple days later you have your new gear ready to roll. Usually it's a painless experience for all parties concerned. Well this week I've had my second online buying experience blunder. I'll try not to bash on the shops I purchased from too much, but I will mention their names where appropriate. So my first semi-nightmarish experience was back in February when I decided to upgrade to Shimano XT disc brakes. In a nutshell, they (wheelworld.com) sent me 2 front calipers. You can read the full story here. My next blunder came this week when I ordered a new full face helmet from Jensonusa.com. What I ordered was a 2001 Bell Bellistic Rhythm Pro Size Medium, blue in color. What did I recieve in the box? It's a 1998 size small, with a crazy blue, red & silver color combo, and it's labeled as a BMX helmet. Just slightly off the mark I'd say. All it would take is 2 seconds for the person processing the order to actually open the box and verify that the correct helmet was inside. So now it's time to contact customer service and see how well they respond to their mistake. Sometimes I really feel like buying everything from the LBS but the prices that you can find on the web are just too amazing to pass up. On another note, my bout with the Round Table Pizza is finally over and I'm feeling much better now! I think even well enough to get out and ride tomorrow morning! Bummed I can't make it to Northstar again this weekend though...
blog comments powered by Disqus